For more information contact:
Academic Advising Office
Dr. H. A. Miller Student Services Center
Clovis Community College
417 Schepps Blvd.
Clovis, NM 88101
How much is a General Studies degree worth?
According to the U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, students completing an Associate's degree are likely to earn approximately $7,000 per year more than those with just a high school diploma or less. Here are the classes you need to take in order to earn your Associate of General Studies degree. You can also view the CCC Course Catalog for more details, including course descriptions.
Why should I choose a General Studies degree?
- Students with credits from multiple institutions in multi—disciplines can consolidate their previous course work into one degree.
- Students who are initially undecided have an opportunity to explore their areas of interest while working on a degree.
- Depending on course choices, classes may transfer to other colleges and universities and be accepted toward a bachelor's degree.
- Military students can use CCAF and other military credits as electives to complete this degree.
- Students who have a GED can satisfy military entrance requirements while accumulating credits toward an associate degree.
- Lifelong learners can earn a degree with a variety of credits of their choosing.