You should allow 10-15 business days for the verification review process and an additional 5 business days if corrections have to be made and transmitted.
Students are expected to apply for aid and complete the verification process before the term has ended. Otherwise, the student is in jeopardy of not receiving any Federal aid for their period of enrollment.
All applicants selected for verification must confirm some or all of the following
• Family size (as defined on the FAFSA) of student, parent(s) and siblings or student and spouse (if married)
• Number of family members enrolled at least half time and pursuing a degree/ certificate in college
• Income earned from work – provide W-2 form(s)
• Non-tax filers and individuals who file a tax extension must provide a statement of nonfiling from the IRS.
(Verification of Non-filing Letter - provides proof that the IRS has no record of a filed Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ for the year you requested. It doesn't indicate whether you were required to file a return for that year. This letter is available after June 15 for the current tax year or anytime for the prior three tax years using Get Transcript Online or Form 4506-T. You must use Form 4506-T if you need a letter for tax years older than the prior three years.)
Tax filers selected for verification may be required to confirm the following information
via the FAFSA IRS Data Retrieval Process or providing an IRS generated tax return transcript:
• Adjusted Gross Income
• U.S. Income Tax Paid
• Untaxed IRA Distributions
• Untaxed Pension Distributions
• IRA Deductions/Payments
• Tax Exempt Interest
• Education Credits
In addition, applicants may be required to provide:
• Documentation of a high school diploma, recognized equivalent or home school credentials
• A copy of valid (e.g., unexpired) government-issued photo identification, such as a driver’s license, passport, or military ID
• A signed statement of education purpose for the appropriate award year
• Documentation of other untaxed income not reported on your federal tax form
• Clarification of parents’ marital status