State Authorization Disclosure

General Disclosure

The United States Department of Education requires that every institution of higher education obtain authorization from each state in which it offers distance education opportunities for programs requiring licensure. 

Clovis Community College (CCC) participates in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). This allows students from NC-SARA approved states to enroll in:

  • Online degree programs and certificates that include clinical placements, and
  • Campus-based courses with out-of-state clinical placements

CCC is physically located in New Mexico. If you are considering an academic program that leads to Professional Licensure or Certification, it is strongly recommended that you seek guidance from the appropriate licensing agency or board in your state or territory BEFORE enrolling in the academic program at CCC. Professional licensure and certification are regulated individually by each state’s respective licensing agency or agencies and no two are exactly alike. Prospective students are responsible for contacting the appropriate licensing board in their home state to confirm whether Clovis Community College's program will meet the requirements for licensure or certification in that state.

Students are encouraged to inquire with their state licensing agencies to ensure that they can obtain a license in their home state. Information about various licensures for all states can be located through the sites listed below:

Programs at CCC leading to professional licensure include: 

Associate of Applied Science in Nursing - 

Associate of Applied Science in Radiologic Technology - 

Associate of Applied Science in Physical Therapist Assistant - 


Complaint Process

NC-SARA consumer protection provisions require colleges and universities to investigate and resolve allegations of dishonest or fraudulent activity by a provider, including the provision of false or misleading information.

Consumers/student must first file a complaint with the institution. Students enrolled at CCC should follow the complaint process outlined in the CCC Catalog or visit CCC's SARA Compliant Process webpage.  

If an issue or complaint is not resolved at the institutional level, you may choose to review and follow the appropriate state complaint process. Online students who are residents in approved NC-SARA states should follow the complaint process for the State of New Mexico.