Veterans FAQ

This page is designed to answer the questions we most frequently receive regarding student veterans enrolling in classes at Clovis Community College. If your question is not listed here, please contact us at 575.769.4060 for additional assistance.

"GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).  More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

You should apply for your benefits at least six(6) weeks prior to the semester you want to begin.

Your VA benefits will vary based on the type of benefit, your contract, and the number of credit hours you have enrolled for. Visit the department of Veterans Affairs Web site for current rates:

The amount will be based on the type of VA benefits you are eligible for, the number or credit hours you schedule, and the current VA rates. Your VA benefits will be paid to you in monthly installments over the semester. The College expects your tuition to be paid-in-full at the start of the semester. Normally one month's check may not be enough to pay your tuition. It is the student's responsibility to pay tuition, in full, by the deadline date. Although the amount of VA benefits you receive for the semester may be more than enough to cover your tuition, the college will not wait for you to receive all your checks to pay your tuition. If you need assistance paying your tuition you should apply for financial aid.

Students recieve the book voucher directly from the VA in approximately 6 - 8 weeks after the college reports your enrollment.  As such, book costs will be out of pocket at first.  

Post-9/11 GI Bill® recipients are eligible to receive up to $1,000 for books and supplies, per academic year, as part of the Post-9/11 GI Bill®

The $1000 annual stipend is equal to $41.67 per credit hour for a maximum of 12 hours per semester. So for each semester you are enrolled as a full-time student you will receive $500. The money is paid directly to you at the beginning of each semester. If you are not enrolled for a full year or as a full-time student you will only receive a portion of the $1000 annual maximum amount.

For additional information regarding Ch. 33/Post 9/11 GI Bill®, click here.

Yes. You may apply for additional financial aid without it affecting your VA education benefits.

Call the Department of Veterans Affairs Toll free number 1.888.442.4551 to see if the check has been mailed/deposited. If the funds have not been released be sure to ask why not? If it is a school related concern, contact the VA Coordinator.

No. Be sure to notify the VA Coordinator that you have withdrawn. When you decide to return to school you must contact the VA Coordinator to be re-certified.

To avoid delays or overpayment of VA benefits, each VA recipient is responsible to report any changes in status to the College VA Office: change of address, change of Program, change in credit hours, withdrawal from school.

Contact the VA Office Toll-Free 1.800.827.1000 or visit their website at:

Department of Veterans Affairs
P O Box 4616
Buffalo, NY 14240-4616
VA Confirmation of Enrollment Hotline 1.877.823.2378

"GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).  More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at
Contact Info

Financial Aid Department
Dr. H. A. Miller Student Services Center
Clovis Community College
417 Schepps Blvd.
Clovis, NM 88101

Chat with us NOW!

FAFSA School Code: 004743

Hours of Operation:
Monday through Thursday
from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.


Clovis Community College logo

2022 Clovis Community College. All rights reserved.
CCC adheres to the practice of EEO and the Americans with Disabilities Act

417 Schepps Blvd. | Clovis, New Mexico 88101 | 575.769.2811 | Fax 575.769.4190